The book of Jude is the very definition of punchy and pithy proclamations—with its short commands and statements popping off the page like machine-gun fire.
Jude- Everyman's Bible Commentary: The Acts of the Apostates
But in our day and age, punchy has become rude or unacceptable. In many circles the forcefulness of Jude will not be tolerated, the crowds preferring a softer and gentler side of the Christian faith. But Jude reminds us that there is a time and a place for the aggressive protection of the truth from those who would seek to tear it down. View Chuck Swindoll's chart of Jude , which divides the book into major sections and highlights themes and key verses. Who wrote the book? Where are we? Why is Jude so important?
What's the big idea?
The Epistle of Jude: The Evans Practical Bible Commentary on Apple Books
Manage Accept. Features Click on a feature to learn more. Tap on a feature to learn more.
- THE LORD IS SALVATION: Proto-Isaiah;
- Barcarole-Waltz from The tales of Hoffmann - Piano!
- Die zehn besten Kampfsport-Bücher für Kindertrainer (German Edition).
- Enduring Word Bible Commentary Jude Chapter 1!
- Transnational Politics and the State: The External Voting Rights of Diasporas (Routledge Research in Transnationalism)?
- Immortelle (Roman).
- Time Management Handbook for Lawyers: How-to Tactics that Really Work?
Linked Verses Did your resource mention a passage of Scripture, but you can't remember what the verse says? You might also like…. Create an Account. Click Star to Rate. The authors teach that understanding is not an end in itself; they insist that a robust faith is alien in any culture and that it is lived. David A. He is the author of more than twenty-five books, including An Introduction to the New Testament Continue reading about David A.
Painter's commentary is peppered with helpful insights into the text that are as exegetically careful as they are concise and accessible. Keeping in mind its size and audience, this is a very helpful guide for those studying and preaching from James and Jude. This is a concise treatment of James and Jude that makes the rhetorical and theological message of each text clear to modern readers, especially those interested in the Christian church. This volume offers a robust overview of the often-overlooked matter of Jesus' blood relations.
Painter and deSilva, together with the authors of other volumes in the series, combine historical and linguistic analysis with theological reflection, which makes these commentaries useful for those interested in bridging the gap between the ancient world and contemporary Christianity seminarians, clergy.
Frequent inserts with asides [offer] additional explanations or attempts to relate ancient texts to contemporary issues. This goal sets the style of these fine commentaries, providing coherent essay-like exposition of the theological meaning of the text.
The letter of James has received renewed attention in recent years, particularly for its strong justice message. Jude is more neglected but receives appropriate attention here.
- Diario di un viaggio a piedi (Italian Edition).
- E-Books - New Testament Introduction and Commentary: Commentary Peter and Jude.
- Can We Trust the BBC?.
- Encounters from Dada till Today.
- Arts Activities for Children and Young People in Need: Helping Children to Develop Mindfulness, Spiritual Awareness and Self-Esteem.
- Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Epistles of Peter and Jude (26 vols.);
- Bankruptcy in North Carolina: What it is, What to Do, and How to Decide (What is Bankruptcy).
However, the discussion of introductory matters demonstrates that Painter and deSilva are mindful of the work of scholarly colleagues, and their expositions clearly benefit as a result. This accessible volume will be useful to pastors and serious lay students of these letters.