Morning is an excellent time, before the hustle and bustle of the day begins.
A Daily Look in God's Word
Other times like during lunch or before going to bed can also be good. A scheduled time helps us remember to read the Word and makes it a part of our daily routine. But a good way to help us regularly and consistently read the Word is to read it consecutively, chapter after chapter and book after book.
- theWord – bringing you the Good News of Jesus Christ every day from the Order of Preachers.
- Why I no longer focus on a daily word count goal – The Writing Cooperative.
- Proverbs 27.
- Give your tax deductable gift before June 30.
- The Little Girl Within.
- Los 200 nombres de bebés con más éxito (Spanish Edition).
Before we start our Bible reading, we can pray a simple prayer like this:. I open to You and to Your speaking.
Did You Know?
Speak to me, wash me, and shine more light from Your Word on me today. Dear Lord, there is so much more for me to see in Your Word. Enlighten me more as I read today.
Praying a simple prayer like this will help us be open to anything the Lord would like to speak to us in His Word. It may comfort us, convict us, or apply exactly to our situation. Other times, a verse may perplex us.
★ All online and private
We might thank the Lord or praise Him for certain portions, we might ask Him to show us the meaning of a certain verse, or we might just talk with Him about a verse. In this way the Bible can be a prayer book to us, helping us to spend time with the Lord. As we practice this, the Bible will become more than words on a page to us; it will become a place where we meet with our dear Lord Jesus.
- ‘Choice Visits: East Yorkshire Coast to Bronte Country’, a 2016 Great Britain travel guide (Choice Guides to Yorkshire Book 5).
- Maple Leaf Rag.
- Research Methods in Management: A Concise Introduction to Research in Management and Business Consultancy?
You can use a blank page or the table of contents to check off each book as you read it. Keeping track encourages us in our habit. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me. Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
- Write Every Day: How to Meet Your Daily Writing Goals.
- My Word of the Year, by Nancy Gibbs | DailyGood.
- Quatre filles et un jean (Tome 2) - Le deuxième été (French Edition).
Providing this resource does have some financial costs. There are technical costs associated with the email service and computer servers as well as administrative costs to schedule and post these devotionals. Would you consider making a donation to support the ongoing mission of bringing a devotional to growing Christians around the world every day?
Whether you are able to give today or not, we look forward to bringing inspiring devotional thoughts in the days ahead. Skip to main content.
Today in the Word | A Daily Devotional
A Daily Look in God's Word Bringing the Gospel to growing Christians around the world through radio, podcast, and daily devotionals every day. Subscribe Past Devotions. Today's Devotion Unlimited Power. Today's Growth Principle:. Old Testament Reading. Proverbs